- 15-oz. pkg. refrigerated piecrust
- 1 16-oz. can packed pumpkin
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees, then begin making the turkey handprint for the pie. Trace your child's handprint on a piece of lightweight cardboard, then cut it out to create a stencil. Place the stencil over one of the circles of pie dough and cut around it, adding turkey feet to the bottom of the hand.
- Place the cutout on a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Next, place the remaining circle of pie dough in a 9-inch glass pie pan. Press the crust firmly against the sides and bottom of the pan. Crimp the edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and apple pie spice. Mix until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into the piecrust and bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean (except for melted chocolate).
- Place the baked turkey cutout in the center of the pie and allow the pie to cool before serving. Makes one 9-inch pie.