Who would dream that it could take just 5 easy ingredients and absolutely no baking to make this luscious homemade Chocolate Eclair Cake? If you don't try this easy dessert, you're truly missing out.
Preparation Time: 5-10 min
Chilling Time: 8 hrs.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14.4-ounce) box honey graham crackers *See TIP below
- 2 (4-serving) packages French vanilla instant pudding mix (Or if you have time, use the cook and serve (non-instant) kind for a richer flavor)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip is the tastiest for this recipe)
- 1 (16-ounce) container ready-to-spread chocolate frosting (Or make your own if you like)
What To Do:
- Line bottom of an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish with one-third of the graham crackers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk; add whipped topping, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Spread half of pudding mixture over graham crackers in baking dish. Repeat layers with one-third of graham crackers and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining graham crackers. Spread with chocolate frosting. Cover to chill.
- One box of graham crackers contains 3 individually wrapped packages of crackers. Use one package for each layer of this decadent dessert.ENJOY! It's sooo yummy just like my Italian grandma used to make!Are you a chocolate fan? Then you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in this FREE eCookbook: Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.