Festive and easy for anyone in the family to help make!
- 6 apples
- Craft sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup candy corn candies
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallow
- Bring 3 inches of water in a medium saucepan to a boil.
- Insert a craft stick into the top end of each apple.
- Dip the apples, 1 at a time, into the boiling water for 20-30 seconds, this will remove the wax coating on the apples. Dry thoroughly and place onto a sheet pan lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Prepare the caramel by adding caramel candies and milk to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stay close and stir often while the candies melt. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to sit about 1 minute.
- Dip each apple in the caramel, turning slowly to coat. Continue to turn, allowing any excess to drip back into the saucepan.
- If desired, dip the bottoms of each apple into nuts, chocolate chips or other garnish.
- Cool apples completely on the prepared sheet pan then wrap individually and store for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container.
Caramel Apples are a MUST for any Halloween party!