- 1 loaf (16 oz) prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
- 1 container (8 oz) reduced-fat chives-and-onion cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 oz blue tortilla chips (from two 9-oz bags)
- In 1 1/2-quart microwavable bowl, mix all ingredients except tortilla chips. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 8 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes, until cheese is melted and dip is smooth.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- To make on the stovetop, mix all ingredients except the tortilla chips in a double boiler. Cook over hot water on medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- To easily remove the skin from a clove of garlic, smash the clove with the flat side of a heavy knife to crack the skin, and then slip it off.