Sunday, September 16, 2012

Product Review for The Original Dish Drying Mat


Introducing The Original™ Dish Drying Mat!

 I received this Original Dish Drying Mat from Influenster inside the Naturals VoxBox in the mail last week.  I unwrapped it and immediately put it to work in the kitchen.  

 

First of all, I love the neutral coloring of it and how well it blends into any counter top.  It is thick enough to easily absorb water, but not thick enough to tip wine glasses over when I put them upside down on it to dry.  I noticed right away how absorbent it is, and how quickly the water drained off anything we put on it and disappeared into it.   This thing can hold up to 4 times it's weight in water, so you can really wash a bunch of things by hand and use this for quite a long period of time before it would need to dry out.  We had company over and I hand washed dishes for 8 people, including salad and dessert plates and it kept right on performing.  Once the dishes were mostly air dried, I put them away and refilled it with more.  The Original Dish Drying Mat works just as well on the twentieth thing you place on it as the first.  

Once the dishes were all dried and put away, we let it air dry and moved it underneath our big electric mixer to protect our counter top from getting scratched when we pull the heavy mixer out.   It also can easily fold up for storage and doesn't take up any more space in the drawer than a regular dish towel does.  I love that, and will definitely be heading to Bed Bath and Beyond to stock up on a few more at only $4.99.  With their famous 20% off coupon, each one will end up costing me only $3.99 each, and that's one of the best deals I've found for something I now can't live without!

A larger size is available as well for $7.99 that measures 18" x 24" for larger spaces.  I think that size would be great to use underneath appliances.  The only one it can't be used under is a toaster oven or anything hot.


I have washed it twice so far and it comes out of the dryer the way it looked when I initially unwrapped it from its package.  I give it my 5-star rating and would recommend it to everyone from the college student in their first small apartment looking to save counter space, to the seasoned Mom who lives in the kitchen and is constantly doing dishes.


Company Overview:
The Original™ line of products, created by Schroeder and Tremayne, Inc., provides innovative solutions to everyday dilemmas. Combining intelligent design with cutting edge technology leads to products that provide the ultimate in function and value. Our focus is to create products that exceed your expectations and help simplify your life! It’s a difference you’re sure to discover.


The unique, laminated design combines a thin layer of foam between two layers of high quality, super absorbent microfiber.





They have so much more than Dish Drying Mats.  I just have to get the Original Pet Bowl Mat. (Imagine no more dog dribbles of water around the bowl).   Here is a list of the entire line:

The Original Dish Drying Mat, The Original Dish Drying Mat XL, The Original Reusable Microfiber Cloths, The Original Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, The Original Wrinkle Release Dryer Towel, The Original Cookware Guards, The Original Boot & Shoe Mat, The Original Pet Bowl Mat

This product was a free promotional giveaway to me for the purpose of review by Influenster and was an item included in the Naturals VoxBox 2012.  I was not under obligation to rate or review it positively, but to use it and write an honest opinionated review.

~Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment