Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hallelujah! Oven Rack Guards Exist!!!

I had to share a product I stumbled upon while having fun on Amazon.  I cannot believe I've lived without these all these years.  I am the person you see in the summer and wonder, "How did that lady get those crazy burns all over her forearms?  Is someone abusing her I wonder?  Does she own a mirror?  What's with the stripes up her arm anyhow?!"  Well....I have a love/hate relationship with my new oven.  It's great in that it has 2 ovens within the same oven; the top half I can cook things like casseroles, muffins and even pizza while the larger bottom half is for larger things, like our turkey this past Thanksgiving, or for baking cookies 3 racks at a time.  The best part is setting them simultaneously at two different temperatures.  The bummer is the top oven is so skinny I always seem to touch up against the rack and get those crazy burns.  I have a great cream that takes the pain right away and never lets me scar, but the marks are there for a week.  I love to bake, so I'm always doing this to my arms.  Finally, I found an answer!!!  Don't think I didn't order two sets of these.  I want every shelf in that oven protected.  From me.  
                        

 So here's the description"
Protect your arms and fingers when reaching into your hot oven. Fabric snaps easily on the front rail of most oven racks, each guard is 18 inches long. Made from fabric first developed for firefighters, the guards protects by slowing the heat transfer from metal oven racks to your skin. Safe for temperatures up to 500 degrees F and can remain attached to oven rack between uses. Guards are not intended to use to pull out hot oven rack. Package of 2 guards. Machine washable. Made in USA. 

Here's a link to get yours:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QGIPG8/?tag=good-idea-or-waste-of-money-20

Be sure to leave me a comment if you order and tell me how they're working for you.  I love mine!
~Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment